Referee in Chief
To recruit and help develop youth referees throughout the district while promoting camaraderie and the opportunity to improve as an official.
Has experience in, or has a good knowledge of, the practical aspects of officiating.
Relevant District Executive and WYSA
Description of Duties:
- liaise with MSA to arrange (and attend) Referee clinics early in the year
- liaise with MSA to arrange (and attend) pre-season Referee practical sessions
- liaise with WYSA Director of Referees and/or District Referee Supervisor regarding all aspects of referee development
- liaise with Referee Assignor and advise on appointments if required
- hold information meetings as required to inform referees of pertinent changes
- be available to discuss any issues with referees and assist with and review disciplinary reports if required
- attend district disciplinary hearings as required
- assist in the communication between WYSA and youth referees as required